Friday, May 15, 2009

Let's go fly a kite!

My Aunt Chris and Uncle Harold visited this week and one afternoon we went to the beach. We had a picnic lunch and then flew kites. I was a little out of practice but got mine to fly with a little help.
My uncle had a stroke fourteen months ago and it's been a long recovery for him. This was his first trip away from home. Both he and my aunt love to travel, so it was a big deal. They live in Seattle and as a child I loved visiting them when we stayed at my Grandma's house. I've seen many cool things in Seattle because they always took my sister and I somewhere special. As an adult I realize how much they've done for me. Thanks for taking the great pictures!
Nothing beats racing the waves and throwing rocks in the water. It's what we do every time. Way cooler than flying a kite, in Ezra's opinion.
If we stick around for awhile, Corey will get to run this boat for work. If he's good, that is.

2 comments:

Crystyne said...

I don't know if I will go to my ten year... isn't yours coming up?

DeAnne said...

Ok, so what does the title of this post mean?

What a cool kite! It looks like you guys had some fun :)