Friday, May 22, 2009

ETD and a small town pharmacy

After a few days of plugged ears and pain, I went to the walk in clinic this morning. For those who know me, that says a lot. The PA thought we were checking Audrey for an ear infection, it seemed strange telling her I was the one with the ear problem. I had ear tubes twice as a child and my adenoids removed, so I'm no stranger to earaches. No ear infection, but she came up with ETD, eustachian-tube disfunction. Apparently my eustachian tube is not equalizing middle-ear pressure properly, so they hurt. They faxed a prescription to the pharmacy in town and good to go. I waited a while and Corey watched the kids while I picked up the meds. Was the prescription ready? No. "It'll be ready in 30 mintues."What is the dang point of the clinic faxing the prescription if it still takes a half an hour to fill?????!!!!???? I wasn't overly testy, but I didn't say thank you or anything. So for me, that was rude. Aaaaggghhhh! So now I will pack up a toddler, lug my baby in her carseat and drive back so I can finally pick up my drugs. I wish Walmart were closer. I never have problems with their pharmacy. Am I overreacting? Probably. It's just frustrating and my ears are making me grumpy! ******************

2 comments:

Erin said...

I don't understand pharmacy's either. I think they procrastinate a lot of things. Espescially in small towns, you would think there wouldn't be that many people needing drugs.

DeAnne said...

LOL, you make me laugh! That's the same thing I had going on when I was at your house in October. It was just in the one ear and it was a big pain!