Friday, July 8, 2011

Still Cookin'

Yesterday was supposed to be the big day. But as you can see, we're still cookin' here. Both Ezra and Audrey were born 4 days after their due dates, so I placed a lot of expectation on the 7th.
Don't you think 7-7-11 would have been a great birthdate?
Clearly this little girl has a time schedule of her own. Although I'm starting to get a little antsy...Corey and I went for a nice uphill walk last night and he did some acupressure yesterday morning. We tried that with Audrey and 20 minutes later contractions began and we went to the hospital a few hours after that. I haven't had any prelabor to speak of, just a few piddly backaches. So I'll probably hang out today and make some more bread!
DeAnne shared a wonderful recipe that I mentioned earlier, and here are the results! I enjoy baking more than cooking, but am glad to have something healthier to make. Learning how to make bread from scratch has been on my list for a long time, and it really doesn't take much time or dirty too many dishes.
Better keep busy, right? I wish I had more patience....

3 comments:

DeAnne said...

more patience?!!! excuse me? you happen to be the queen of patience, especially when it comes to the birth of your children. About half a million other women would have rushed in to the hospital 3 days ago for their inductions to get started. Not you! I am far more impatient than you, (especially when it comes to the birth of YOUR children) I mean seriously! I thought 4 days over was long enough, but now 5? will there be 6? or 7? oh, this child is truly yours and Corey's offspring :) We're praying for you both and are so anxious to meet her! I'm glad you're getting some healthy baking done. I think it could be a sign. Don't you?

Crystyne said...

Maybe she will come on 7-11-11.

Jeff, Rebekah, Chloe, and Wyatt said...

I well remember that feeling with Wyatt going 8 days over due... I felt like he was never going to be born! I love the nursery, sooo cute! I am thinking of you and waiting to hear the big news!Learning to make a good loaf of bread is on my list of things I'd like to do also.