Thursday, March 3, 2011

S'no Fun

A week ago, our backyard looked like this:
It was a mudpit. I believed I complained about dirt on the floor.
Oh, if I only knew what was coming...
Looking out the front door. Do you see our car? Snowed in! Insanity. It snowed over a foot overnight and didn't stop snowing for a few days. Seriously, everytime I looked out the window, flakes were coming down. I don't know the total amount, but we have a few feet and then some on the ground.
This is where the snow falls off the metal roof.
Gives you an idea of the size of that snowdrift Ezra's sitting in front of.
I tried to make the best of it, reminding myself that spring was only a month away (even if only on the calendar) and sent the kids outside to play. I had a gingerbread recipe to try and figured it would be a good snowy day treat. The house smelled so good, and I was happy to be warm inside by the fire. I'm a homebody anyway, but after a few days...the kids and I caught cabin fever. We drove to the desert to escape the snow, pick up groceries, and get some paint for the laundry room. Thank goodness for a good husband and a good snowblower, at least I can get out when I need.

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

Ok, so I will admit that the white snow really is pretty, but...when we got back into the tri cites sunday evening the sun was shining gloriously on the desert hills and I could almost hear the angels singing. i seriously get to happy when i return home to this place! it was really fun visiting with you guys though :)