At the end of February we enjoyed a visit from our bro and sis-in-laws, Justin and DeAnne and their girls. It coincided our six year anniversary and this was our second year hanging out together, only this time the four of us went out for dinner and hired a babysitter. Last year we met up in Seattle and Justin and DeAnne so generously watched the kids overnight- two three year olds, a 16 month old and a sick five month old baby. We haven't forgotten how awesome you guys are.
So this time, we went to a place called MaMa Vallone's, an italian restaurant in Cle Elum that I noticed but didn't think it looked that special. I heard good things about the food from a friend and decided to try it.
So good. Everything made from scratch, a nice but down home setting, and good service. I don't remember the last time our server boxed up the leftovers for me. It was a nice, special dinner.
Silly me, I forgot to bring the camera so you'll have to imagine us looking beautiful, eating super delicious food and enjoying ourselves like crazy.
Audrey really loves her Uncle Justin!

Ezra and Katelyn enjoying all that snow.
They were pretending to be polar bears and made a cave.

Ezra
really looked forward to their visit.
He misses his Forks friends a lot. We go to storytime at the library each week and he has Primary on Sunday (the class kids go to in our church) but we're working on making new friends.

I had fun watching these two. Audrey interacted with Alaina more this visit, I hope they become good buddies like Ezra and Katelyn.

Beautiful anniversay flowers.
Our 6th year wedding anniversary was also my 10 year anniversary of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I didn't realize it at the time we picked a date to get married, but it seems fitting to me that two of the most special days of my life happened on the same day of the year. I love being a member of my chuch. I was not a religious person before I was introduced to the Church although I had attended some different churches with friends. While I was dating a young man who was Mormon, I went to church with him a few times and agreed to meet with some missionaries. I never expected to feel what I felt when the sister missionaries taught me that God was my Heavenly Father and loved me. I love what I have been taught and can see how it has helped me become a better person. I can't explain what it means to me when I think of my wonderful husband and children and know that our love can last forever. These thoughts are close to my heart, and I just felt like I needed to share them.
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! Time flies when you're having fun! I'm so glad you felt the Spirit confirm the truthfulness of the gospel to you, it is such a blessing!
that's right! I forgot about last year. :)
So sweet Sarah,
I just love reading your testimony. What a blessing the gospel has been in your life and that of your darling family!
Love ya!
Post a Comment