Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Daugher and Her Namesake

It's been awhile since I've posted and a lot of things have been running through my head. Ezra didn't take a nap today, Audrey had vaccinations yesterday and is feeling crummy and I...well, I am just having an "off" day. I watched Oprah the other day (while I ate a bowl of ice cream, too) and it was about the realities of motherhood. It seems like many of us here are mommybloggers, so you may also feel "this is the best and most important job/this is the hardest job and I better not screw it up." And if you don't feel that way (at least sometimes) then good for you, but I don't want to hear about it! Corey took Ezra to Scouts with him and Audrey's sleeping, so I thought I'd take a few moments and reflect. The shirt she's wearing says "I'm Mommy's dream come true." And it is so true. I remember thinking since my mother passed away, that I would really like to have a baby girl so that I could be part of a mother-daughter relationship again. I just sort of put it out there, and I guess Heavenly Father felt the same way. After Audrey was born, Corey said it was a girl and I let out this huge squeal. I would have been very happy with another son (of course) but I felt so elated, just joyful to have a daughter. I feel blessed. Audrey's middle name is Christine, just like my mother's middle name. It is incredibly meaningful to me, she really is a dream come true. It has been over ten years since my mother passed away and I feel like I'm finally starting to come to terms with that. I think that it hurt so much that as a teenager, it was too much for me to process. It's taken time to realize that everyone has challenges in their life and we all lose someone special along the way. Well, my little girl is no longer sleeping. A fifteen minute nap will suffice for her.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

Eating icecream while watching Oprah... that's not even close to as bad as eating icecream while watching The Biggest Loser...not that I do that... anyways - great post. It's neat to get an insight in your world - I didn't know about your mother. You have a very lucky little Audrey Christine (and cute too - post pic updates!)