Sunday, November 13, 2011

First Snow

Yesterday morning we woke up to a blanket of snow.  Ezra was the one who noticed and began capering around the house, yelling "Christmas is here, Christmas is here!" 

At times like these, I can almost remember what it was like to be a kid and to be excited for the first snowfall of the season.  I am not a big fan of winter, and growing up snow was considered a four letter word by my mother.  I began liking winter better when I began snowboarding as a teenager.  Last year the kids received cross country skis for Christmas and I'm hoping we'll get to use those more since I'm not pregnant
this winter.  Every time I shovel (which isn't much, Corey's on top of that job) or scrape a windshield I will tell myself, "this builds character!"  Or maybe I'll just pretend I'm in Hawaii snorkeling.   





 Our sleepy baby.  Claire was content to peer out the window and look at the snow.  Smart girl!

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

big sigh......it almost breaks my heart to see that snow. I really need to get a better attitude about it. We'll have to come visit, so my kids can know what it's like to go sledding and build a snowman, but I can probably guarantee my heart will soar when we drive back into the brown foothills of the dessert as the sun warms my cheeks....

Emily C said...

wow, y'all got a lot of snow!! we got just a tad, and it melted pretty fast. although driving and getting around in the snow is a pain, it sure is beautiful to look at through the windows at home.