The nursery is finally finished!
Come take a peek.
A week before Ezra was born, we moved into the basement of the house we built. There was a bathroom upstairs, and that was about it- no flooring or cabinets in, much less a nursery. My stepmom Kathy came and painted the nursery, gave us a crib and dresser/changing table, and made the cutest blankets and wall hangings. I loved the way it turned out-I couldn't have done a better job.
When Audrey was born, Corey had changed careers and we had to move to Forks. A better rental became available and we moved in two weeks before Audrey was born. I didn't do a thing to decorate- we decided to wait to find out what we were having.
So this time, I decided to have some fun!

The rocking chair comes from my father-in-law's side of the family. There are some teethmarks from Dean chewing on an arm as a child. A very talented friend from church helped me make the zig zag pillowcase and the wall art is canvases covered with fabric.

I swapped the truck hardware on the dresser for these crystal beauties.

I found these shelves in our old outbuilding and thought it would be fun to find a use for them. This is the new look, after 3 coats of spray paint. I should have done a few more, but... it looks more Roslyn-esque this way. I've had the topiaries since high school, I just painted the pots pink and added some ribbon.

I have a dust ruffle picked out and some fabric for a valance but I'm calling this room done! Now I should go clean out Corey and my room since this baby probably won't spend much time in the nursery for a while!
4 comments:
It turned out so cute... good job Sarah!
waaaayyy cute! It look awesome!!!
so.flippin.cute!
And I had to laugh at your last comment - it's so true! My babies don't end up actually sleeping in their own room for quite awhile!
So cute Sarah!! It turned out so cute!
Post a Comment