The kids caught two more fish each. I finally snagged one and Corey got skunked, probably because he was either rowing the raft or helping one of the kids. Do you see that smile on his face? That is something I love about him- he actually enjoys taking the kids out and works hard to share his love of the great outdoors. This is something I appreciate because of my fond memories of my dad taking me hunting with him. He never shot any deer while I was with him (thank goodness) but that time he spent with me made an impression on me. I am so glad that I married a man who is doing the same things for our children.
Here's my new mom haircut. I've had some good haircuts in the past, but I am lovin' this one. It's the first haircut I've ever had that is wash and go and looks decent. Nothing like a little pampering in the last few weeks of pregnancy....
I can hardly believe my due date is this Sunday. Last week the nesting urge hit big time. It's getting harder to sleep at night and one morning I felt so antsy I got up at 5:00 a.m. and made chocolate banana bread (so not normal for me). I remember doing that when I was pregnant with Audrey, only it was two weeks before Audrey was born and we moved from the duplex to the rental house in Forks.
That spurt of energy was great- Corey took the kids for a hike and I packed the hospital bag and worked on some finishing touches for nursery. All the sudden, it felt like my list of things had to be done NOW. Which is good, the bag is packed, the carseat scrubbed, baby clothes washed, and the nursery is about done. It was seriously a great high, and I feel so excited for this baby.
Sadly, that energy has departed and I'm trying to rest my body. Both Ezra and Audrey were born 4 days after their due date, so we'll see with this one. I have reached that point where I'm ready to be done being pregnant. I've gotten a lot of compliments and I'm grateful for my genetics, but this baby is like a rock hard beachball. There just isn't much room for her now that she's dropped.
Not much longer now!
1 comment:
Good luck with the delivery. Can't wait to see pictures of your baby.
Post a Comment