Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Announcement.

We're excited to share our news, we're moving! We haven't heard the official moving date, but in September we'll be moving to Sedro-Woolley. I am very excited because: -we will be living in a town 3X bigger than we were are right now. Also, Mt. Vernon is a 10 minute drive, Bellingham's a half an hour away. (I'll be able to a Costco run and be home in the amount of time it takes for me to drive there right now. Really excited about that.) -the area is beautiful, with lakes, rivers, and Mt. Baker nearby for hiking and skiing. This was a major draw for Corey. -a larger school district and ward (congregration) for church, and less rain!!! (It does get 44" of rain, but it's an improvement over 120" in Forks.) -I'm really looking forward to being a homeowner again. I will miss: -Olympic National Park. I've really gotten spoiled with the hiking, beaches, and natural beauty here. I know we'll come back to visit. -some true friends, who have been the best part of coming to Forks. This summer's going to be a busy one, but I hope we can enjoy our time here and do all the things we want to do before we leave, in between packing and cleaning, (of course.) So a week ago we went camping at Horseshoe Cove, near Sedro-Woolley to scout for houses and check out our new ward. Justin and DeAnne met up with us and we had some summer camping fun. This was our first time camping this year and Audrey was able to run around with Ezra and Katelyn, which worked out great. It was actually a relaxing experience and the kids enjoyed the freedom.

We camped right off the lake.

Ezra's favorite person, cousin Katelyn. I just love these girls! I got to carry Alaina in the Ergo, it felt so sweet to cuddle a baby again. She was such a good little camper. The whole gang. See the wildlife? Future partners in crime How d'ya like them apples? Corey, the dutch oven cooking master. His secret: lots of butter. Chicken Cordon Bleu, seriously delicious. Yeah, I made a good catch. "Ezra, can you wipe the dirt off my bum?" "Sure, no problem!"

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

I was totally cackling out lout at some of these pictures. Your new lens ROCKS too! Love the pictures you got. In fact, I am going to steal some of them from you :) Too fun!

DeAnne said...

STILL laughing! at the last two pictures....hahahahaha