
Here he is- our big preschooler. Ezra had his first day of preschool yesterday. It was interesting, really. Ezra was excited as can be and on the way there, I began feeling a little anxious. Like it was
my first day of school. It took me by surprise, I had had no qualms before. When went inside, he plopped down in front of a Tonka truck, and that was it. "I'll be back to pick you up in a little bit." No reply. Not wanting to be a hover mother, I bravely walked out. He didn't even say goodbye. Didn't look at me, for a matter of fact.
I drove home, smiling ruefully. Audrey went down for a nap, and I realized
I have free time! I weeded the front garden bed and thought, hey, this isn't so bad. This is going to be great.
Then, picking him up, some of the trepidation I felt resurfaced. He was excited and told me some random details and I was happy he was happy.
These feelings took me by surprise; I'm fine leaving him with babysitters. I have no worries about the preschool. I can hardly say I'm sending him into the world. Today I heard him calling Audrey "stupid." That really flipped my switch. I asked him where he heard that word. I'm not sure where he heard it, but it really bothered me and prompted a mini lecture.
I just hope that we can teach him how to stand on his own two feet and make the right decision for himself. I didn't know how scary this aspect of parenthood would be, but I guess that's why God saved the best spirits for last.

At the teddy bear picnic.
1 comment:
what a big boy!
Post a Comment