Thursday, April 21, 2011

who's her daddy?

The kids and I headed over to Yakima last Saturday for birthday shopping/Costco/Walmart shopping and stopped at a park in between stops. It was sunny and warm (before the wind started blowing) and I was as excited as the kids to get some vitamin D. I unloaded the kids, was juggling our frozen yogurt when I heard Audrey exclaim "Daddy!" Standing by the car parked next to us was a guy with sunglasses that resembled Corey slightly. Before I could stop her, Audrey ran over to the man, clinging to his leg, saying, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" I mumbled some words of apology and pried Audrey off the guy's leg, telling her that her daddy was working and that this was not her dad. My daughter has is a serious daddy's girl and did not cooperate. I have no idea what the woman sitting fifteen feet away thought, but she was gawking with her mouth open. Although when I think of how it looked, me with two young kids and another obviously on the way, and my child screaming her head off for her dad... The weird thing was, the mistaken "daddy" did not say a thing. Not one word, didn't look at Audrey or me, no expression at all. If he had said something, or taken his sunglasses off, she would have realized that wasn't Corey. Although I chuckle when I think about it now, it was a little awkward at the time.

2 comments:

Crystyne said...

That is SO funny! Mason and Cooper, on seperate occasions, have mistaken someone for Jeff before. Never to that extent though. You would have thought the guy would have said something, or laughed.

chelsea mckell said...

That's hilarious! And weird too, that the guy was a stone.

And congrats on the new baby on the way!