
Last weekend we stole away to Seattle for a quick rendezvous with Justin, DeAnne, and the kids. We went to the Seattle Aquarium, thoroughly enjoyed by kids and grownups alike.

A couple of cute octupi (?)

I have memories of this place from when I was little. I was probably six or seven years old. I remember the dome tank (where Katelyn, DeAnne, & Justin are) and watching the seals. I could have seen the same seal, one of them was 25 years old. Almost as old as me! I had no idea they lived so long (at least in captivity.)

This is the first tank you see as you enter with fish and creatures native to Washington waters. Corey knew many of them and he enjoyed seeing them alive for a change.

"Ezra, look at the camera!"

DeAnne's crispy catch

We went to the original REI store. You can see the climbing wall, and there's a waterfall outside. There was a great play area for the kids with a tree house and slide. Audrey (17 months) climbed right up and came down, sideways. She is a crazy one.

And here is a sweet shopper, even when she's not feeling good.

Friday was our five year anniversary, and Corey surprised me with a getaway to the Marriott downtown. We ate a Brazilian restaurant similar to one he ate at in Brazil where they carry the meat from table to table and slice it off for you. Except that was $40 a person and we're cheap so we ordered from the small plate menu. I tried some manioc (a root, like a potato) and we had passionfruit and cashew nut juice. Pretty adventurous for me.

The swanky bar (which we did not patronize.) The lobby was decorated the same.
So lucky to get away from it all for a while...thanks again to our awesome babysitters.

I love going to Seattle. When I was growing up we drove over to visit my grandma three times a year. I have so many fond memories there. Yet, after 5 years of marriage (and 5 years living in small towns) the hustle and bustle is a little much for me. Great for a short visit, but not my kind of lifestyle. A slower pace with friendlier people is what I like.
2 comments:
I can't believe you blogged it before I did! You got some great pictures, which I will probably steal from you. Thanks so much for coming down and hanging out with us.
Looks super fun!! Happy Anniversary! Time flies. I agree, I prefer the smaller towns and friendlier people!
Post a Comment