(to be demo'd)
Corey treating the water damage on the cedar siding
Grandpa P. with the kiddos
Grandma and Grandpa Peterson came over and helped with garbage removal, pruning back the plum trees, hauling things to the dump, moving boards, shoveling gravel, digging holes, and unpacking. They really know how to work!
One of the first priorities was to get the shed up. With no garage, we had stuff piled on the back porch. And if you've seen our garage or shop were we lived before...then you know how much "stuff" we have!
What have I loved the most about being on the eastern side again? Seeing family much more frequently, and sunny blue skies! What a beautiful fall.
Corey surveying his work
The house came with a trio of rabbits, much to the kids' delight. I'm pretty sure one is a male and worry about a population explosion.
My dad and stepmom, Kathy came over too just before the kids' birthdays.
The kids really enjoyed themselves, we had so many projects going on outside. The house was 95% finished inside, but we bought our kitchen appliances, hooked up phone and gas, (Ezra enjoyed playing in the ditch we dug for the gas.) The yard hasn't had any landscaping, so we've pruned the plum trees, weed whacked, emptied loads of garbage from the shack, built a shed, and stained the house. All before the snow started flying.
Thanks, Dad, for staining half the house for us!!!
It seems like things are settling down. We've been putting up closet organizers, trying to get the bathroom mirrors up, and pictures hung. Patience!!
3 comments:
it's nice to see you back in the blogosphere! I'm so glad you guys are closer. I much prefer visiting Eastern Washington than the soggy town of Forks!
Sarah!! I was just thinking about you and DeAnne today. Your house is so cute! I hope we will own a house SOMEDAY! Your family is just beautiful!
I just love all your pictures! Your family is seriously beautiful. I had to look up Cle Elum... never heard of it!
You'll have to update if the rabbits start multiplying :)
Post a Comment