
During a break in the rain, we went on a spring walk a few weeks ago. It was really cold, but we enjoyed being outside and seeing some signs of spring. In March there was some beautiful weather and we walked to the park by our house most days. Then the spring rain came...and did not go away. I'm talking like 63" of rain so far, almost 10" more than average. Five feet of rain is another way to look at it. Which makes everything green and beautiful, but wet. In January, the rain total for one day was 5.33"! The kids started going nuts and I was going crazy trying to think of things for them to do.
So this last week of gorgeous weather has been awesome. Last Friday we spent the day playing outside with friends, then went to PA and saw "How to Train Your Dragon." I thought Ezra was going to have a stroke, he was so excited. We ate dinner and played at the park, and we had two happy, exhausted kids. On Tuesday we went fishing and Ezra caught two fish all by himself. Audrey even got one on the line but it slipped off. Yours truly caught the most fish, Corey hooked a few but let the kids reel them in. Last night the scouts went fishing and he brought some more fish home.
So, winters are rainy but the summers are paradise here. Bring on the vitamin D!

Our little hikers

When I think of the Olympic Peninsula, I think of...

moss,

ferns, and

trees (of course.)
The best part? Seeing a black bear when we were driving out. It was in the area were Corey released a bear last year, and we wondered if it was "his" bear. Should have kept my camera up with me!
1 comment:
You really saw a black bear?! I'd be so scared!
Olympic Peninsula - SO GORGEOUS! Love the ferns. All that rain pays off!
Post a Comment