Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quillayute Prairie Fire Station

Recently we went on a field trip with the Co-op preschool Ezra attended last year to the fire station. My friend Rebekah's husband is the fire chief of the Quillayute Prairie FDP No. 6. The whole department is made of volunteer fire fighters who give their time to respond to calls, and time spent weekly in meetings and training.

Ezra, Chloe, and Jeff.

Rebekah helping Jeff get suited up.
What an amazing amount of gear they wear, and even more amazing that they can do anything in it.
Ezra was riveted. You can see he dressed for the occasion.
Chloe and Lucas A fire fighter in training!
Thank you, Rebekah for inviting us!

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Fun!
Isn't Quillayute the name of the indian tribe in the Twilight books??

DeAnne said...

Poor Ezra (and classmates)... they must be delusional, thinking fire men are cool. I thought his dad and I have taught him better than that!!!!

I almost had ours called to get a cat off of a bridge pillar with their ladder truck... we called animal control instead (with a ladder).
-Justin