Thursday, December 31, 2009
Out with the old, and in with the new!
I have always enjoyed photography. In high school, I took a few semesters of photo and I enjoyed the process from shooting to developing film. Waiting excitedly as images appeared in the tray, and coming out of the darkroom and seeing how a print turned out.
My senior year I bought a Minolta 35 mm camera and had fun with it and shot a lot of film.
When I married Corey I gained half interest in his digital camera, and I have used it a lot. So much the ol' Minolta was taken out only for special occasions. Then, a few years ago, I took a photography class taught at the local arts center. I was the only person in the class with a 35 mm camera, everyone else had digital cameras. All the features seemed pretty complicated, but I loved the idea of having instant feedback on a shot. I wished for a better digital camera, one that wasn't 7+ years old (boy, technology changes.)
I think photography is important to me for another reason. I really mourn the fact I have so few pictures of my family growing up. I have a few good ones, but our family never had a professional portrait taken. So taking lots of pictures is important to me.
It was thrilling to find a new camera under the tree. Since then, I've been playing around with it.
I already have some pictures that are precious to me.
Christmas Day Hike at Lake Ozette.
Looking forward to more pictures, more blogging, more fun!
Happy New Year's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Fun! You are going to have such a good time with that camera!
Awesome pictures!
Your little family is beautiful! I love Ezra and Audrey's hats.
Wow - great shots! Getting a nice camera and learning to use it is on my eternal to-do list.
Post a Comment