Wednesday, September 17, 2008
My Beach Bums
I never thought that I would live so close to a national park and we have been taking advantage of it. Corey had a day off so we went to Second Beach (which is near La Push for you Twilight fans.) Our handy little trail book said that it was an easy .75 mile hike to the beach, suitable for kids. I thought it be some nice, light exercise for me. Wrong! I guess what's considered "easy" is not easy for a eight and half month pregnant woman. Well, this one anyway. But I made it down the (seemingly) never ending stairs (I even made it back up them!) and it was worth it. This beach has sea stacks and nice sand unlike some of the other beaches we've been to here. I sat on a big log to recuperate and it was so relaxing listening to the surf. I felt like I was on vacation!
Ezra loved sand. I think he may have ingested a small amount.
Corey saw a rock and had to climb it. (That tiny person perched on the rock is him.)
Banana slug!
Is it weird to get excited about seeing cool, new bugs?
I was definately more interested than my husband or son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so happy for the things you guys are getting to do as a family. I think it's great. That slug is pretty nasty, by the way. Ezra looks so cute in that picture of him in the sand. I cannot wait to see you all!
p.s. it looks like perfect weather for vampires :)
Post a Comment