Sunday, August 24, 2008

New Beginnings...

Welcome to our brand new blog! After three and a half adventurous years, our family has rejoined the 21st century with a new computer and internet connection. I am so excited to have a landline, (anyone miss all those dropped calls?) internet, and t.v. I really have learned to enjoy the simple things in life after our time in Newport! We have been in Forks for three and a half weeks and are pretty well settled in. A huge thanks to our family members who packed us up- I never realized how much "stuff" we had until we filled the 24' moving van to the very top. If Justin hadn't been there to supervise the arrangement of the boxes, it would never have fit! We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family members to help us out and are glad we got together one last time even if we were working. While Ezra and I have been unpacking and exploring Forks, Corey has been busy with his field officer training. We never realized what a long process this would be- Corey had his first interview over a year ago! After a six month long hiring process, Corey entered the Spokane Police Academy and graduated in June. Next came a month of training in Olympia at Fish and Wildlife headquarters. Corey began his FTO a month ago and has two more months left. This has been a challenging year but we know it is worth it. Corey has spent much of his time on the water, helping patrol the Hood Canal, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and even went 30 miles out on the ocean. He discovered that he gets seasick, particularly on the Strait and on the ocean. I guess ten foot swells can do that to you. He described it as being on a roller coaster for hours and not being able to get off. He's taken some medicine the last few times and it has helped some.

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

i'm so excited you have a blog! i can't wait to come see you guys! I think you should put more pictures up too :) love ya

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Dido on the blog!